Today, the modular shower or shower pod market has become quite popular. According to the report Modular Shower: A Growing Trend by The Future Laboratory, the global modular shower market is expected to reach $1.6 billion by 2024.
This means that more people are looking for a modern, functional, and affordable shower solution based on modular structures instead of traditional full bathroom renovations. These modules can be used for a residence, office, club, hotel, hospital, or anywhere.
At Hydrodiseño we are specialists in the design and manufacture of prefabricated modular bathrooms, including shower pods. Our solutions are highly customised, and also offer you quick service and the best quality/price ratio.
We don’t manufacture standard shower modules, we offer customised modules using 3D modelling technology, which are perfectly adapted to the customer’s requirements based on their needs.
This article will answer all your questions about shower pods, their advantages, and the features you should look for when you’re considering them, whether for a single-family or large-scale project.
What is a prefabricated shower pods or modular shower cubicle?
An all-in-one modular shower cubicle is a fully equipped shower cubicle that is usually installed in bathrooms as a stand-alone unit. However, they can be placed anywhere where water and drainage are available.
It comprises all the elements necessary for a complete bathroom experience: hot and cold water supply, lighting, an extractor fan, a drain module, an electrical control module, a storage compartment, towel and soap holders, a sliding door, and more.
A modular shower cubicle can be made of several materials such as plastic, fiberglass, stainless steel, aluminium, wood, and/or glass.
Why should you install a shower pod?
There are several reasons why customers are increasingly choosing to install a modular shower instead of doing a complete bathroom renovation.
- Time and money savings: A shower module can be installed quickly and at a lower cost than doing a complete bathroom renovation, and without requiring demolition. This option will still offer all the functionality and comfort of a new bathroom. Typically, it can save you around 50% of the cost and up to 60-80% of the time compared to a full renovation.
- Environmentally friendly: Shower modules can be manufactured from recyclable materials and are non-permeable. This means that they don’t allow water to leak through the walls and floor, thus avoiding the need for a drainage ditch. In addition, modular construction reduces waste and translates into savings in terms of the use of water and materials.
There are many ideas on how to design a bathroom that can be implemented and, in most cases, shower modules are a great alternative to consider.
Are these shower pods of good quality?
Prefabricated modular shower units are built with high-quality materials and are quick and easy to install.
Many of the best shower modules come with a lifetime warranty. However, you have to make sure that the company offering the warranty is dependable. To do this, you can check the rating and reviews of previous customers.
Shower modules features
For a system or unit to be considered a modular shower, it has to offer at least the following characteristics:
- A fully equipped shower cubicle with water and drainage connections
- A fully equipped shower floor
- A fully equipped shower wall
- A fully equipped shower ceiling
- A fully equipped shower seat
Shower pods units for large or small spaces
When choosing a modular shower, you must make sure that it fits the space where you want to install it. This is especially important, for example, when you want to build modular ensuite bathrooms because you will need to consider whether a larger or smaller unit is required.
- For large spaces: If you want to install a large shower module, make sure that the walls where you plan to install it can support the weight. Large modular showers are usually manufactured in stainless steel, so they are heavier than smaller units usually manufactured in fiberglass or other materials.
- For smaller spaces: If you have a smaller space and want to install a modular shower, at Hydrodiseño we can design the shower module that fits your needs. We are confident that we can provide you with the perfect module for the space you have available.
Shower module types and sizes
There are different types and sizes of shower modules that vary according to the place where they will be installed, according to the needs and requirements of each client or project.
Residential shower modules
Residential shower pods are a type of modular shower typically used in private residences. They are generally designed for individual bathrooms or smaller residential units, as well as single-bathroom residences.
They can be installed in new homes or in bathrooms that are being renovated.
Its design typically includes a shampoo holder, a soap dish, a drawer for shower gels, and a built-in smooth sliding door with a safety bar and temperature control.
Commercial shower pods
Commercial shower modules are designed for large, crowded spaces such as gyms, swimming pools, hotels, spas, and other commercial environments.
They are commonly available in single and double-size units and may include a massage option.
Shower modules for clubs and hotels
Shower modules for clubs and hotels are large units designed for environments such as clubs, hotels, resorts, and sports facilities.
They are usually installed directly on the floor and are generally large enough to accommodate two people at the same time. They can be customised according to the needs and characteristics of the project.
Shower pods for hospitals
Hospital shower modules are large single or double units designed to be installed in hospital wards.
This type of modular shower can be customised according to the customer’s needs.
Shower modules for offices
Shower modules for offices can be free-standing or installed directly on the floor.
Some office showers have multiple cabins, allowing for greater privacy. And they can also be customised according to the customer’s needs.
Conclusion: Prefabricated shower modules
As you have seen, modular showers are a fantastic alternative to full bathroom renovations, offering significant savings in terms of time and money.
When choosing a shower pod, the first aspect you need to consider is the space available for the installation of the shower. You will also need to consider the materials used in the construction of the module to be installed, as this will affect the overall aesthetics of the bathroom, as well as the durability of the module.